Destainer & Deodorizer Oxygen Bleach
People have been using chlorine bleach in their laundries since the end of the 18th century. While these products work very well in whitening clothes chlorine bleaches do have a negative effect upon the environment because of their chemistry. Care must be taken in using chlorine bleach as it is toxic to humans, animals, and plants.* Also, we all have experienced destroying a colored article of clothing because chlorine bleach was accidentally spilled on it.
OXY-BOOST is a safe and effective alternative to chlorine based products and it can be used in many applications in and around the home. It is based on sodium percarbonate which uses oxygen for destaining and deodorizing. OXY-BOOST is safe to use at all temperatures, on most washable fabrics, and all colors, in hard or soft water, and is compatible with other household cleaners. Also, it produces no harmful by-products which negatively affect the environment. Unlike chlorine bleach, which can merely cover up a stain, Oxy-Boost attacks and breaks down organic stains to totally remove them from the garment.
"Just wanted you to know I'm reordering Oxy-Boost for the third time...can't be without it! I've used it to remove pet stains from carpets, difficult stains from clothing and tablecloths, and to clean my deck. Recently, when I was out of bleach and really needed to do a load of whites, I added Oxy-Boost and soaked the load for an hour. To my surprise, everything was cleaner and whiter than it had ever been with bleach...not to mention how much gentler Oxy-Boost is compared to bleach..."
Our On-line Shopping Cart is located at EcoGeeks.com
Oxy-Boost 2.5 pounds
Oxy-Boost 5.5 pounds
Oxy-Boost 20 pounds
Larger Sizes available upon request (45,50, 100,150,200,250, 300,350, 400,450 and 500 pounds)
Uses and Instructions
In the laundry OXY-BOOST is used to destain, deodorize, and whiten. It is very effective as a laundry presoak for heavily stained articles. For light soils add 1ounce of OXY-BOOST with your laundry detergent per load. For moderate soils use 2 ounces and for heavily soiled articles use 4 ounces.
To whiten and deodorize diapers or to destain cloth menstrual pads add 4-6 ounces of OXY-BOOST into the soak cycle. Soak in hot water for at least 30 minutes, or overnight, then complete wash cycle.
For whitening old linens and yellowed window shears, deodorizing and cleaning tennis shoes, or to get rid of yellow armpit stains on shirts: soak in 2 ounces of OXY-BOOST per gallon of water for at least one hour, or overnight, then rinse.
- For stained plastic ware, dishes, dish rags and dish towels add 1-2 ounces of OXY-BOOST to the container to be cleaned or to the dishwater and soak for at least 15 minutes.
- To keep your drains and disposals clear and smelling fresh add 1 ounce of OXY-BOOST in 8 ounces of hot water and allow solution to sit in drain overnight. For even better results, try OXY-Drain with Enzymes.
- For toilets add 3 ounces of OXY-BOOST, wait 15 minutes then scrub. For even better cleaing, use OXY-Flush Toilet Cleanser with the Power of OXY-BOOST
- For shower curtains soak in one ounce of OXY-BOOST per gallon of hot water; for mildew stains soak overnight.
- For bathtub and shower use make a paste of OXY-BOOST with hot water, scrub with a cloth or sponge, wait 15 minutes then rinse or use. For even better cleaning, use OXY-Grout, OXY-Scrub or Natural Choices REFILLABLES Bathroom Cleaner.
- For deodorizing garbage cans add 1/2 ounce of OXY-BOOST per gallon of of water and let soak.
- For lawn furniture add 2 ounces of OXY-BOOST to hot water, scrub, wait 15 minutes, then rinse.
- For all weather carpeting add 4 ounces of OXY-BOOST to a gallon of warm water scrub with a stiff broom, wait 20 minutes then rinse.
- To destain and deodorize carpets add one ounce of OXY-BOOST per gallon of carpet shampoo prior to cleaning.
- To remove mold and mildew from carpeting add 2-4 ounces of OXY-BOOST per gallon of hot water, apply generously to stain, wait 10 minutes, then vacuum with extractor.
- For acoustic tiles add 6 ounces of OXY-BOOST per gallon of hot water, spray on tiles, wait 15 minutes then rinse.
- For mops add 3 ounces of OXY-BOOST to a gallon of hot water, soak overnight then rinse.
- For mildew removal or to clean baseboards or basement floors after water damage from flooding add 4 ounces of OXY-BOOST to a gallon of hot water, scrub surface, wait 30 minutes then rinse. OXY-BOOST is safe for use in a closed environment.
- To clean and deodorize cat litter boxes, empty of litter, then soak them in 3 ounces of OXY-BOOST per gallon of water for 20 minutes, rinse.
- For urine, feces, or vomit stains on carpets or upholstery, add one teaspoon of OXY-BOOST to 8 ounces of water, wipe onto stain, wait 10 minutes then rinse.
- To clean and deodorize coolers add 2 ounces of OXY-BOOST per gallon of hot water, soak for 20 minutes, then rinse.
- For boat sails, cushions, ropes, camping gear, tents, tarps, etc. add 4 of OXY-BOOST ounces per gallon of hot water soak for 30 minutes then rinse.
- Oxy-Boost is excellent for cleaning and restoring wood decks. It removes organic stains from leaf stains to BBQ grease, removes mold and mildew as well as sun faded and discolored wood layers. Makes your deck look almost new!!! It doesn't harm your plants, grass or landscaping in any way!
- To clean your deck first remove any loose soils or other matter. Dissolve 6 ounces of OXY-BOOST Destainer and Deodorizer in a gallon of hot water (generally takes about 5 minutes). Apply to wet deck.
- For railings a hand pump sprayer
does a really excellent job. Wait 10-15 minutes. Scrub with a stiff
broom or brush, then rinse. OXY-BOOST is not suitable for use with
silk or wool.
Although OXY-BOOST works great on decks, we recommend that you try our PROx Deck & Patio Cleaner which has even more cleaning power for exterior applications!!
OXY-BOOST will not remove rust stains or mineral deposits from hard water.... try Natural Choices Mineral Magic for this.
Ingredients: Sodium percarbonate, soda ash
Normal Sizes Available: 2.5, 5.5 and 20 pounds